Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Three in the afternoon.


I went to Starbuck's for a cup of coffee (no, no, no...'a tall latte, no fat' in SB parlance) & a mallorca but they were out of mallorcas. So I had my latte with a chocolate chip cookie outside, facing the sun, perched on a metal Starbuck's chair.

There I sat, sipped, crumbled & tried to immerse myself in my current paperback mystery. The place was bustling with business so I was frequently distracted by what walked by.

After about 30 minutes, I got into my little, black car, its top down & started driving through the connecting 'mallettes' to avoid the afternoon traffic so I could get home to my Bouvs.

Instead something came over me. And rather than tamp it down, I let it go.

I turned into a big, empty parking lot, maneuvered my car to face the sun which was perpendicular to the parking lanes, turned the engine off, moved my seat waaay back & took out my book to read some more.

The sun was warm, a gentle breeze blew by. Soon I placed the open book on my chest & took a delicious nap right there in the parking lot.

Then I drove home.

1 comment: