Friday, April 14, 2017

A MOMENT OF REAL PRIDE (FORGIVE ME.....BUT IT IS MY BLOG)

Dear J. R. 

On Jan. 3 2014, I signed paperwork for retirement from ABC. Thanks to you, I have had the pleasure of going not to work but to have fun. What you have given me is the greatest gift ever when you asked me in1976, "would you like to do the show?".That was the beginning of something wonderful that lasted the next 36 years and I love you for it. There is not a day that goes by when don't think of you and rate every subsequent director by the high bar that you set at GMA. You were and will always be the man in my book. Love to you and Carol. Adrian

My response: Adrian, I don't know what to say. That was the best compliment. You were/are a wonderful human being and I was lucky you said "yes". When I see you with a mini cam, I remember those early days getting you all out of the studio into the field to tape your own field stories for GMA. I'm so very happy you have enjoyed your time at GMA; it was a special time for me, too, albeit for a much shorter period. Enjoying one's work is a great prize & if I had something to do with that, I'm happy as hell. I saw Joannie & Karen Steckler not too long ago. Both seem to be doing fine. Hopefully I'll get to see you, too, one day. I miss all of you. Your friend, Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment